Lightstruck was established in 2016 to focus on the development and ownership of last mile fibre networks in Southern Africa.
Lightstruck has a team of highly experienced individuals with a decade long successful track record in the deployment of fibre optic networks in South Africa.
Lightstruck is backed by Eaglestone, a leading international infrastructure player, focused on Southern Africa.
Eaglestone, and its team members, have over 60 years of infrastructure experience across all continents having been involved in over USD 10 billion of infrastructure transactions in the last 15 years.
Lightstruck’s vision is to develop, own and operate open access intelligent high-end last mile fibre networks in Southern Africa deploying an infrastructure investment methodology that will deliver long term competitive but sustainable utility scale fibre optic networks for economic and social benefit of communities.
Nuno is a Founding Partner at Eaglestone. He has over 15 years' experience in leading and executing advisory and lending transactions over 15 countries across a several sectors, including roads, railways, ports, airports, accommodation and energy.
Previously, Nuno was a Managing Director responsible for the advisory business in the Project Finance Team of Espírito Santo Investment Bank where he worked for 11 years. He started his career in the corporate finance division of Banco Efisa where he executed both project finance and M&A transactions.
Pedro is the CEO and founder of Eaglestone. He has over 20 years' experience in the banking sector and has been responsible for projects with a global investment in excess of € 50 billion spread over 5 continents.
Before setting-up Eaglestone Pedro was the Executive Vice-Chairman of Espírito Santo Investment Bank, where for 11 years he had responsibility for Project Finance, and was Chief Investment Officer of Escom, a former Espírito Santo Group company with a wide range of activities in Sub-Saharan Africa and a focus on Angola.
Pedro was also Chief Executive Officer of ES Concessỡes, a company responsible for financial investment in concession projects, whilst also acting as a member of the supervisory board of Ascendi. In his long career Pedro has also acted as an Executive Board member of BES Oriente and a non-executive board member in BES Investimento Brasil and BES Angola.
Coenraad is a Managing Director at Eaglestone and responsible for Eaglestone's subsidiary in South Africa.
Coenraad has over 14 years' experience in successfully leading and executing infrastructure advisory transactions in Southern Africa with a combined transaction value in excess of ZAR 15 billion, across a wide range of sectors including roads, railways, ports, airports, communication infrastructure assets, PPPs and energy.
Prior to joining Eaglestone, Coenraad spent 8 years with Macquarie as a member of the Macquarie Capital Advisory and Funds teams where he was responsible for infrastructure investments and headed Macquarie First South Corporate Finance's infrastructure advisory business in South Africa. Coenraad also worked for Deloitte & Touché Corporate Finance in Belgium and Logista Incorporated.
Coenraad currently sits on the board of directors of various infrastructure project companies.
Brett is a director of Eaglestone Capital Advisory and maintains responsibility for Eaglestones Johannesburg office.
Prior to joining Eaglestone, Brett was the Head of the Infrastructure and Telecommunications team within Nedbank Capital where he led the team in securing and executing funding, advisory, underwriting or arranging mandates for communication infrastructure, road, railway, port, energy, water, industrial and PPP transactions predominately on the African continent
Brett has more than 15 years of infrastructure and energy project finance banking and advisory experience.
Prior to Nedbank Capital, Brett held the position of financial manager of a company operating in the construction sector.
Brett is registered as a CA (SA) and completed his articles at KPMG Inc.Brett Botha | Director
Hannes Pieterse has been involved with developing & the introduction of next generation fibre networks in South Africa since 2010. He has engaged with numerous gated communities and open residential areas to guide owner associations and community stakeholders through the process of installing large scale open access fibre networks from inception to completion. Through his core strengths of strategy and ideation, he leads the Lightstruck management team to be inspired, creative & productive.
He has assisted communities to introduce professionals that explore, define & implement community communication needs and benefits on the fibre network. This included for example the professional implementation of community driven security cameras & monitoring, e-schools projects through better connectivity, localized weather monitoring hubs and community driven pbx solutions.
Hannes is passionate about guiding people and communities to be enriched. Faster connectivity is only one tool to achieve this
Dirk Kleinschmidt has been involved in the commercial property space for more than 10 years. He specializes in the acquisition of commercial properties in order to establish high quality fibre networks for the business environment. His core focus in Lightstruck is on commercials and high level project management.Dirk Kleinschmidt | General Manager
Dirk Kleinschmidt has been involved in the commercial property space for more than 10 years. He specializes in the acquisition of commercial properties in order to establish high quality fibre networks for the business environment. His core focus in Lightstruck is on commercials and high level project management.Dirk Kleinschmidt | General manager
- Ligthstruck’s focus is on the development, acquisition and ownership of local last mile fibre networks.
- We are a utility scale fibre optic infrastructure player.
- Lightstruck partners with communities to deliver tangible social and commercial benefits, through utility scale telecommunication infrastructure services, directly to their homes and neighbourhoods.
- Lightstruck as a long term infrastructure player deploys an infrastructure investment and ownership methodology to assets in the fibre optic sector.
- Lightstruck’s vision is to build and operate a completely open access fibre optic network that deliver choice to the end consumer.
- As an internationl experienced infrastructure player, Lightstruck develops and build its own networks applying international best practise through rapid deployment with minimum inconvenience to communities.
- Lightstruck will also acquire brownfield fibre networks from other players in the market.
- Based on Lightstruck’s long term infrastructural investment approach, Lightstruck constructs and operates intellegent fibre optic networks which deliver a sustainable, 25 year high-end customer experience at an affordable cost to customers.
- Open access network
- Localised, managed networks for the sustained benefit of Communities
- Enhanced security
- Utility Scale Communications Infrastructure
- Integrated Telecommunication and Data Services
- Long-term Affordability and Sustainability
- Rapid Deployment, Minimizing Disruption to Communities
Ligthstruck’s focus is on the
development, acquisition and ownership
of local last mile fibre networks
- Corporate, residential and mixed use projects
- Rural and metro network projects
- Acquisitions, brownfields and greenfields projects
- Lightstruck’s current target geographical markets include the following areas
Survey, Detail Design & Wayleave applications
(Town Council Approval)
Breaking Ground to first House Connected
Fibre Roll out completed, Last House Connected
Get in TouchCAPE TOWN 22 Kildare Road, Newlands
JOHANNESBURG Unit 4, Upper Ground, Katherine & West, 114 West Street, Sandton